Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Old Photos

I found these old photos dated in the 80's. They reminded me of my hometown, Taiwan. As a kid I loved running around the rice fields especially during the harvest season when everyone in my extended family was out working together. I used to get this terrible itch after a few hours out in the field (The itch was probably from the dust or the rice husk. It's not an allergy because the itch usually goes away after I take a shower.) My mom used to say that my skin was too delicate for hard labour work.

My favorite memory was the outdoor family BBQ we used to have during the 'Moon Cake Fesitival'. We would BBQ a ton of meat (we used charcoal to get real good flavours!), eat, laugh, watch the full moon and sip some freshly brewed green tea.

The highlight was when all the kids came together to make lanterns from scratch using tin cans (It's really easy. You take the lid off and use a hammer and a thick long nail to punch holes around the can.), and then the older kids would take us the little ones into the dark to 'explore'. I remember it being terrifying but a ton of fun.

3 Comments:

Blogger Terra said...

good post!

5:14 PM  
Blogger Beth said...

loooooooooove these pictures! see you next week :)

9:06 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

That sounds wonderful! Those are some really great memories!

8:29 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home