Sunday, December 17, 2006

Home Sweet Home

I am back in sweet, lil' Calgary.

As soon as the airplane landed, I noticed that the pace of life is definitely slower here, a huge contrast from the crazy efficient Toronto.

- People got up way more slowly (I figured there was about a 10-second delay) to get their luggage.

- There are no huge lineups at Tim Horton's.

- Buses only come every half an hour or so, or longer if the weather is bad.

- People talk at bus stops.

I talked with this old guy who just came back from his vacation in Mexico, whom I'd like to name: 'Mr. Smiley', because he's got a permanent smile on his face, the typical happy Latino grandpa you see on the travel channel. He obviously wasn't dressed appropriately for the Calgary weather. He complained about the cold and was bragging about the warmth and heat in Mexico. I could tell from his sun tan that he wasn't lying.

My bus driver took his time eating his supper at every bus stop with newspapers in his hands. Finally, 2 hours later, I got dropped off at the doorstep of my home.

It's good to be back!

1 Comments:

Blogger Kristen said...

I'm glad you got home safely Wendy

6:16 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home